Sprouts aren’t just a lunchtime salad staple. This delicious savory breakfast porridge will change the way you think about sprouts. The porridge base is adapted from the amazing Amy Chaplin.
- 1 cup millet, soaked overnight in 2 cups of water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- a handful of lightly steamed greens
- 1 teaspoon of Sprout Powder
- a sprinkle of kimchi/toasted sesame seeds/Power Protein sprouts
- a drizzle of hemp seed oil
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the millet.
2. Pour millet into a blender along with the water and salt. Pulse until coarsely ground.
3. Transfer mixture to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat, whisking often.
4. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 18-20 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon every couple of minutes to prevent sticking. Porridge is ready when thick, creamy, and no longer tastes ‘raw’ or bitter.
5. Stir in miso paste. Top with steamed greens. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle sesame seeds, kimchi, and lightly sautéed Power Protein sprouts. (Optional: depending on your dietary preferences and appetite, you can also top your porridge with some tofu or an egg.)