Next burger night, treat your fam to this delicious sprouted veggie burger. It’s jam-packed with wholesome ingredients, lots of fiber, vitamins, minerals, as well as clean plant protein. Oh, and it tastes so good.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- salt + pepper, to taste
- ½ Tbsp umeboshi plum vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 cups Sproutman Power Protein Blend Sprouts (freshly harvested)
- 1 cup Sproutman Mung Bean Sprouts (freshly harvested)
- 2 pastured eggs (or equivalent vegan egg alternatives like “flax eggs”)
- ½ cup oat flour
- Sauté olive oil, shallots, and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft and lightly caramelized, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add spices, vinegar, and Power Protein sprouts . Stir to combine. Gently cook over medium heat for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Add bean and spice mixture into a food processor/high speed blender, along with the oat flour and eggs. Pulse until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop dough into ⅓ cup balls and form into patties.
- Place patties on a lightly oiled, parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 minutes. Gently flip the burgers and cook for an additional 10 minutes (20 minutes total).
- Serve over greens or on a bun with toppings. (Top with avocado slices and some alfalfa sprouts for the perfect burger experience.) Enjoy!