These refreshing, sprout-powered rolls aren’t just great for summer—they’re a delight all year round. Enjoy these when you’re looking for something light and nourishing—and don’t be afraid to get creative!
For the Rolls:
- Rice paper wraps
- Bell pepper, sliced into matchsticks
- Cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
- Carrot, sliced into matchsticks
- Radish sprouts
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Rice noodles—cooked, rinsed + drained (optional)
- Additional leafy sprouts: sunflower, broccoli, alfalfa (optional)
For the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 4 Tbsp coconut aminos
- salt + pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the rice paper. Dip one-third of a sheet of rice paper into a bowl of hot water for a few seconds. Remove and dip the other two-thirds of the paper the same way. Lay it on a damp towel.
2. Starting at the bottom third of the paper, spread out a small amount of sliced veggies, sprouts, cilantro, and noodles. Make sure the matchsticked veggies are placed horizontally, pointing left and right.
3. Fold up the bottom edge to cover the veggies, then fold in both sides. Roll up tightly until all the paper is used.
4. Repeat to make as many summer rolls as desired! You can serve these rolls immediately or store them in the fridge (lightly covered) for about 2 hours.
5. Make the dipping sauce: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly combined and smooth. Pour into a small serving bowl for dipping.