We are so excited to introduce you to our NEW sprouting blend, Crunch Time. Ready to harvest in just 3-5 days, this colorful and crunchy blend contains adzuki, mung, pea, and lentil sprouts.
All of these protein-rich sprouts are among the easiest sprouted beans to digest raw, making them the perfect crunchy salad topper—but they’re great in a light sauté too. In fact, we highly recommend trying out this recipe for Sprout Fried Rice as soon as you harvest your first batch!
Sprout Fried Rice
(yields 2-4 servings, 30 mins total time, vegan + gluten free)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp tamari
- ½ Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ Tbsp coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Crunch Time sprouts
- 2 Tbsp scallions (optional)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook 3 cups of rice as you would normally (generally follow a 2:1 ratio of water to white rice). You could also use leftover rice that was made the night before.
- Once the rice is has been cooked, whisk together the tamari, vinegar, and coconut aminos—creating a sauce.
- Add the coconut oil to a wok (or large pan) over medium heat. Once your pan is preheated, add in the garlic and Crunch Time sprouts and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Make sure to not overcook your sprouts.)
- Add the whisked sauce and cooked rice into your pan and mix throughly. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove your fried rice from the heat and serve immediately. Top with scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
*Note: if you prefer to make this dish vegetarian, add two whisked eggs in when you cook the sprouts and the garlic. Then continue as instructed above.