We are so pleased to introduce our NEW seed blend… Alfa-Broc! This refreshing blend is packed with arguably two of the most popular sprouts on the planet—alfalfa and broccoli sprouts. That means you get all the antioxidant benefits of zippy, sulforaphane-rich broccoli, but with more balance—thanks to alfalfa’s mild, nutty flavor and inherent balancing benefits.
Harvest these ultra-nourishing sprouts after 5-6 days of growth and pop them in a wrap or on a salad—or get creative and add them to you favorite recipes… like this cauliflower crust pizza with Alfa-Broc pesto!
Sprout Powered Cauliflower Crust Pizza
(yields 1 pizza, 40 mins total time, vegan + gluten free)
(for the crust)
- 5 cups cauliflower florets (approximately 1⁄2 a large head)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- flax “eggs” (1 1/2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds mixed with 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- pinch of salt
(for the pesto)
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup Alfa-Broc sprouts
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
(for the toppings)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup Alfa-Broc sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To MAKE CRUST, steam cauliflower florets until very soft. Process in food processor until finely chopped. Pour into cheesecloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Place squeezed cauliflower in a large bowl and add remaining crust ingredients.
- Mix well and form into a ball.
- Place dough onto a large, parchment-lined baking tray or pizza stone. Using fingertips, press dough out into a round base, around 3/4″ in thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until it begins to brown on edges.
- Meanwhile, MAKE YOUR PESTO by placing all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender and processing until smooth and creamy.
- Remove crust from oven. Spread pesto evenly over the crust, then top with all toppings except the sprouts.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle fresh Alfa-Broc sprouts on top, add a drizzle of olive oil, and serve.